Applications for this programme are now closed. Please check with us for ways in which we can help grow your business and other funding opportunities.
Advanced Capacities for Manufacturing – Industry 4.0 (ACMI4.0) is a £1.2 million European Regional
Development Fund (ERDF) project which is helping manufacturing SMEs adopt and integrate Industry 4.0 technologies and design principles more effectively with 12 hours of fully-funded, expert consultancy and a capital grant fund.
This programme is being delivered by the Smart Manufacturing Alliance in partnership with Opportunity Peterborough and is free to access for any SME manufacturer in England.
What can manufacturers get?
- 12 hours of fully-funded expert consultancy to prepare your business for Industry 4.0. We’ll ensure you adopt the technologies which can make the biggest impact to your productivity and support your implementation planning so you can boost productivity.
- Access to a £300,000 capital grants fund (40/60 match funding required). Each eligible business can apply for capital grants from £2,000 – £20,000, supporting capital project costs of £5,000 to £50,000.
Work with our experts
Our ACMI 4.0 team has gone through Smart Industry Readiness Index (SIRI) training, giving your team access to world-class assessment free of charge.
Can we help your business?
What we offer
We’ll work with your team to identify and adopt the right technologies for your business, fully exploit them, and develop your long-term digitalisation strategy.
AssessmentWhere are your biggest challenges and opportunities? Where can Industry 4.0 make the biggest impact to performance? What skills does your team need to develop?
Gap analysisWhere are the biggest opportunities to bridge productivity and enhance performance? What skills can you exploit from within your workforce, and which ones need to be developed?
PrioritisationFocus future plans on where the biggest impacts can be made in line with your business priorities.
Action PlanIdentify the next steps for digitalisation
Brewing success with 9Barista
“The ACMI team spent a couple of days on-site, learning how our operation works, and were able to provide us with some excellent suggestions on how we could make substantial improvements to our workflow and data management systems.
“Their enthusiasm was infectious, and we’ve been really fired up as a result of their visit. We’re now actively making changes to our organisation, the benefits of which are already clear.”
William Playford, Managing Director at 9Barista
A closer look with Seneye
“Seneye is open to new ideas, and it has been a pleasure to work with Jaz and Luqman throughout the consultancy.
“The ACMI4.0 process showed organisational knowledge levels and advice tailored to our manufacturing systems.
“Implementation has already started on several smart processes to help us achieve industry 4 readiness.”
Matt Stevenson, Founder / CEO, Seneye
Catch our interview on the Smart Manufacturing Alliance's podcast
Our Manufacturing Adviser, Luqman Abdullah discusses how adopting Industry 4.0 technologies might be easier than manufacturers first think.
In the second episode of the Smart Manfuacturing Alliance podcast, Luqman shares how the ACMI 4.0 programme is helping manufacturers identify which technologies to use and where to suit their business, as well as busting some of the misconceptions around Industry 4.0.
Depending on your business needs we can offer:
- Business Productivity Reviews
- Technology identification
- Implementation planning
- Maximum exploitation to boost productivity
- Introduction to Industry 4.0 workshops
- Self-benchmarking surveys
- Industry 4.0 audits and visioning sessions
- Best practice workshops covering how new technologies are improving productivity, sustainability, and competitiveness.
- Action planning workshops to prepare for incorporating new technologies
- Grant funding support sessions
- Follow-up delivery support and monitoring sessions
What technologies can ACMI 4.0 cover?
- Cloud Computing
- 3D Printing
- Advanced Robotics
- Big Data / Analytics
- Industrial Internet of Things
- Mobile Technologies
- Augmented / Virtual Reality
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cyber Security
- and more!
We can support SME manufacturers at any stage of digitisation; whether you’re investigating which technologies to adopt, are preparing for integration, or trying to get more value from the tech already in place.